Robot Dynamics and Control

Learn to develop dynamic models and intelligent control systems for simple robots.


Basics for Robotics
12 hours
6 exercises
1 robot used
0% completed

Course overview

Robot Dynamics is really important since it will give you a complete understanding not only of how the robots move (kinematics) but also WHY they move (dynamics). In this course, you will learn to develop the dynamics models of basic robotic systems, as well as create intelligent controllers for them.

What You Will Learn

  • How to solve the dynamics for the motion of rigid bodies in 3D space with the use of Newton’s laws of motion
  • How to model the dynamics of a simple robotic system and how to derive its equations of motion
  • How to create a full state feedback controller to allow a robotic system to balance

Course Summary

User Ratings

Order ratings by

Ryan Rubel
Rated 1 stars out of 5
1.0
98% of the course is just "Here's some Python code; go copy and paste it into a Python script." The other 2% is "coding exercises," where (usually) you just copy/paste one of the previously copy/pasted scripts and change a few variables that are passed to library methods. The math (which one would expect to be the focus of this course?) is horribly inadequately explained, by which I mean that it isn't explained almost at all. Better yet, as of the time of writing this review, two of the provided coding solutions--those for exercises 3.1 and 4.1--are blatantly wrong. The course text is also chock-full of typos, including a few bits of copy/paste-able code that you have to fix before they will run. In general, the course seems to have been made with very little effort, and it teaches you very little aside from a few Python libraries and ROS modules.
20/9/2022, 17:18:58
Francisco José Mañas Álvarez
Rated 4 stars out of 5
4.0
25/8/2022, 11:17:43
Panisa Kraiwattanapong
Rated 5 stars out of 5
5.0
21/7/2022, 04:23:35

Showing page 1 of 1. Total records: 3.

This course is part of this learning path:
Basic Robotics Theory

Course Creators

Enric Cervera Mateu