ROS2 Security Course - Python
Learn to enable and manage security with ROS2
How ROS2 can be executed in a trustee area without letting other people access to the same network? The answer is here, ROS2 has been released with security tools that allow it to secure the robotics systems. They are disabled by default, but they can be enabled in order to make robots safer.
This course will endow you with the knowledge to work with the ROS2 security layer. You are going to learn how to enable security, how to work with specific security packages, and also how to make a turtlebot3 environment work in a safe layout.
What you will learn
- Basic ROS2 security concepts: Authentication, Cryptography, Access Control, etc.
- How to create security in a turtlebot3 simulation.
- How to launch a turtlebot3 simulation and move it around with teleop with security enabled.
- What does a keystore contain?
- How the enclaves are generated?
- How to access a certificate?
- How to validate a certificate?
- How to add a new custom node in the turtlebot_keystore?
Introduction to the Course
A brief introduction to the contents that will be covered during the course.
Activating security in ROS2
Learn how to enable security for your ROS2 system.
Key Materials Explanation
Take a deep look at the different elements involved in security, such as the keystore, the enclaves, etc...
Making ROS easily accessible to everyone, including you.